Getting married or formalising your relationship can be both exciting and daunting. This section provides information about getting married in Victoria and registering your domestic or caring relationship. For marriages and other relationships that have been registered in Victoria, you can apply for a copy of a marriage or registered relationship certificate.

Victorian Marriage Registry

The Victorian Marriage Registry offers simple, elegant civil marriage ceremonies at the heritage-listed Old Treasury Building in the heart of Melbourne.

About the Victorian Marriage Registry

Lodge a Notice of Intended Marriage

To get married in Victoria, you need to lodge a Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) at least one month before your wedding date.

In this section

Getting married in Victoria

Getting married in Victoria

Information about legal requirements for marriage in Victoria, booking a wedding at the Victorian Marriage Registry, finding a celebrant and lodging a Notice of Intended Marriage.

Amendments to the Marriage Act 1961 allow same-sex couples to marry in Australia.