Strong identity, strong spirit is a program to:
- Increase access and equity to BDM services
- Increase birth registrations and birth certificates for the Victorian Aboriginal community
BDM works to host events in communities across Victoria. We do this in partnership with:
- Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations (ACCOs)
- Aboriginal service providers
- Mainstream service providers (e.g. hospitals, child and family support services).
At these events, our Marguk-bulok koolin-ik Team (Aboriginal Outreach) provides BDM services to Aboriginal community.
If you'd like the team to visit your community, please fill in our request form.
Partner with us to deliver BDM services to your community
For community events, we partner with:
- Aboriginal community-controlled organisations (ACCOs)
- Mainstream service providers (e.g. hospital, child and family support services).
Program resources for stakeholders
Want to promote the importance of birth registration and birth certificates in your community? You can download resources including posters and social media tiles.
About the photo on this page
Photo: Ruby Tilbrook (Wardandi & Bibbilmun). Photo by Michael Jalaru Torres (Djugun & Yawuru).